Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Art Show, Car Show




This sign is special to me because my grandfather worked at Mobil Oil for over 30 years. Everytime
I see the flying horse, I think of him.

This is a shot of a Chevy Olds interior. Not surprisingly, I liked the interiors the best and found some inspiring new color combos that I can use with new designs for game rooms, media rooms and other places where men like to hang out.

I tried a new venture this weekend as I looked for innovative places to find ideas for designing men's rooms (not the bathrooms, mind you, but men's spaces -- offices, rooms, etc). Where does one go to see what men really want? Ok, besides that, what do men want in a room besides a big screen TV, beer cart and a super large remote? To help me answer this question, I sought ideas at the local car show.




I had ulterior motives. Many new trends feature a heavy emphasis on metallic and unique colors, so again, the car show seemed a likely place to visit.




I've never been to a car show, cannot tell you a V-8 engine from a V-6 (although now, after a bit of instruction from a friendly dealer, can indeed tell you), and drive my fuel efficient honda to get my from point A to point B. In other words, cars and their designs are not things I think much about.




I was challenged to rethink that, with some great concepts from many a talented vintage car enthusiast. I am posting some pictures here to share some of my favorites and yes, indeed, I think more about the gadgets on my car now than ever before.




No comments: